Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls!

A few days ago, Ellen (from the Pouring Pot) started a thread about cinnamon rolls.  She was saying how Victoria's Cinnabon scent smelled so good that it made her want to make cinnamon rolls; So, she did, and she was kind enough to share the recipe that she used.

I've been craving these since she posted and I finally made them tonight.
I just wanted to share some photos with y'all and link to the original recipe.

Here's the recipe that Ellen shared:

http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/all/episode.php?episodenumber=300

I did alter the recipe VERY slightly.
I like cinnamon, so I bumped the cinnamon up to a full 2 tbsp.
I made the icing pretty much as it was written, but I think I ended up using a BIT less sugar (maybe a few tbsps less).

They turned out PERFECTLY!

Ellen also warned me ahead of time that hers were a bit crispy for her liking after about 25 minutes. I, like her, like my cinnamon rolls fluffy and gooey so I kept a close eye on mine after about 20 minutes and they were done around 23 minutes so keep that in mind and judge the time by your preferances. :D


Enough with the chit-chat; on to the pictures!

I didn't photograph the first few steps because... well it was just a ball of dough. :P

Here are the lovely pinwheels, ready to sit for their second rising!

 



This recipe has a LOT of waiting time but it is SO worth it! Plus, you have plenty of time in between to wash up the few dirty dishes for each step, which is nice in my book because then you don't have to do it all at once!

Here they are after they've risen for 1.5 hours.


Nice and fluffy!



Ready to be slathered with melted butter!


Finally ready for the oven!



Fresh out of the oven to cool for just a few minutes before we drizzle the glaze all over them!


I love the look of a perfect cinnamon roll. :)



And finally ready for the icing!
I know it looks like a LOT, but it only really stays on the top.


Trust me, these babies are perfect!

I dug into this as soon as the picture was taken and ate the whole thing right there at the stove.

I'd never made cinnamon rolls before (unless you count pop'n'fresh, which you totally shouldn't after having these) and I was really surprised by how easy they were!

They did require a lot of time, but only about 15-20 minutes of actual work. Mostly, you just wait a lot. haha


These are seriously good and if you have any desire to try them at all, you should because they're awesome.

ONE note: If you don't have a stand mixer with a dough hook, kneading the dough will take some time and can totally count as a workout for the day.  It's still definitely worth it though!


I didn't burn a new scent tonight because I was letting my house fill with the cinnamon roll smell! In fact, while I was playing the waiting game, I burned Cinnamon Raisin Bread! :)

I hope y'all had a great day and, as always, happy melting (and eating!)
~Sara
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment