Friday, January 27, 2012

Candles by Victoria Jars (a comparison)

Hey everyone!

As most of you know I'm a HUGE candle addict: And not just ANY candle addict but a Candles by Victoria candle addict!
For those of you who don't know, Candles by Victoria (or CBV) is a family-owned-and-run business in Van, Texas.
Victoria Elliot is the sweetest woman you'll ever meet and on top of being so nice, she makes THE BEST scented candles. I cannot rave enough about them; you seriously just need to try them yourself.

Moving on...
One thing that I've always thought would be helpful to have is a size comparison between her jars SO I've decided to do just that.

Let me start by saying this is a bit of a long post; I took TONS of photos for you guys! But trust be, it's worth it!
I lined up one of every type of jar that I currently own (minus the scent shots because... well... I forgot about them) and had a nice long photo shoot!
I hope you all find this helpful, or at the very least enjoy the photos! haha

Here's a photo of all of the sizes that I'll be comparing!
From left to right:
4oz mini jelly, 8oz tureen, 8oz jelly, 9oz country, 14oz Black Label, 16oz country,
16oz comfort candle, 18oz Love Victora, 22oz tureen, 24 oz mustard.
Just to save myself from having to answer this later the scents (also left to right) are:
Pumpkin Pear Strudel, Vanilla Grapefruit, Honeydew Pear, Strawberry Danish, Earthquake, Chocolate Fudge Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Surprise, Pumpkin Gingerbread Splash, Vanilla Bean Noel, Ginger Peach, and Pumpkin Pralines!


Now here are the "children" of the family:
4oz mini jelly, 8oz jelly, 8oz tureen, and 9oz country jars.

The 4oz mini, 8oz JELLY, and 9oz country all have the same opening size.

A size comparison of the 4oz mini jelly jar and the 8oz jelly jar.

A comparison of the opening size of the 4oz mini vs. the 8oz TUREEN.




Now, onto the medium sized jars!
Left to right:
14oz Black Label, 16oz country, and 16oz Comfort Candle jars.

This is a comparison of the medium jars to the 8oz jelly.
Left to Right, top to bottom:
16oz country, 14oz Black Label, 8oz jelly, 16oz Comfort


I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Can we just take a moment to focus on that freaking adorable candle to the right? Ya know, the one with a fracking lounging gingerbread man!?"
To you I say, "Yes.... yes, we most certainly can."

This, ladies and gentlemen, is one of Victoria's lovely Comfort Candles. This one is called Pumpkin Gingerbread Splash and you can read all about what's in it at this lovely page: http://cbv.djahren.com/scent.php?id=726

But for now, I'll just show you how adorable it is!

Is it just me, or does Gingy look a lil' bit high?


(PLEASE excuse the mess, we still haven't totally unpacked!)
Sarge was enjoying looking over the photo-shoot. He's just so cute, I had to share.


Hmm... where were we?
Ah yes! Comparing!

This is the 16oz country and 8oz tureen side by side. I am almost positive that they have the same sized opening.


And now we've arrived at the big kids' table.
Dining with us this evening will be the:
18 oz Love Victoria, 22oz tureen, and 24oz mustard jars.

Let's look at some comparison shots before we get to all of that lovely glitter!

We have the Love Victoria (white), 22oz tureen (pinkish), and mustard jar (orange)
up against the 8oz jelly jar.


Left to Right:
22oz tureen vs. 18oz Love, Victoria

16oz Comfort Candle vs. 22oz Tureen


16oz Comfort candle vs. 18oz Love, Victoria



16oz country jar vs. 24 oz mustard jar
Top: 16oz country, 24oz mustard
compared to 8oz jelly

Now, onto the glitter candles!!!

Here is the 22oz tureen (which is also available without glitter).
This is a (somewhat) decent shot of Orange and Pink glitter.

I honestly think this may have been red glitter instead of pink because it's WAY darker than other orange/pink combos I've seen. Anyways, I'm not sure if this combo is still available but here it is regardless. :P


Here is the 8oz tureen against the 22oz tureen.


And the openings:


And now for my newest glitter candle:
Halo White glitter in a Love, Victoria jar!


Major thanks to Ahren for helping me get the perfect lighting to capture the TRUE colors of this Halo White glitter! It's so subtle but SO pretty!!!




That's all of them! I hope the comparisons were helpful for you and I hope you enjoyed the photos half as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Some jar info:
Like I said, the 4oz mini jelly jar, 8oz jelly jar, and 9oz country candles all have the same size opening so when looking at the above comparisons, keep that in mind. :)
Glitter candle are currently available in the Love, Victoria and 22oz Tureen jars.

These are NOT even close to all of the awesome jars that Victoria offers but they should give you a good taste of opening sizes and a good way to compare sizes.
To sign off, I'll leave you with some photos of the AWESOME new lighter Ahren bought for us this week! It's so adorable and I love it! haha

Take care, everyone! Happy CBV melting! :D

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Thank you so much! I was worried the 16oz just wouldn't be big enough, but comparing it next to the Black Label gives me a great perspective. And oh my GOSH what stunning glitters!!

Summer said...

This is GREAT! Hugs, Summer

Beth said...

What a great post, Sara! This is super informative - I never realized how large of an opening the Love, Victoria candles have. Sarge and the lighter are both adorable too! :)

Unknown said...

Let me start by saying this is a bit of a long post; I took TONS of photos for you guys! But trust be, it's worth it!
Triple and strong scented candles
luxury scented candles

Post a Comment